Oakley launches Change Perspective campaign
Eyewear brand Oakley launches a European-wide campaign today featuring motor sport icons Fernando Alonso, Valentino Rossi and Sebastian Loeb.
The "change perspective" activity is part of Oakley’s umbrella campaign ‘Beyond Reason’ that started just before the 2012 Olympic Games and featured 2008 Olympic decathlete gold-winning medalist, Bryan Clay.
The print and digital campaign will run in magazines such as GQ, Men’s Health and Autosport, and will appear on sport and lifestyle websites, including Yahoo and FHM.
There will also be paid advertising across social media sites, including Facebook and Instagram, with a heavy focus on YouTube.
A video ad, created by Four23, reveals snippets of the motorists challenging themselves outside of their more well-documented racing live featuring Formula 1 driver Alonso as a road cyclist, rally driver Loeb as a helicopter pilot, and MotoGP rider Rossi as a rally driver.
The film is shot in black and white, intersected by snippets of writing with the central theme being to "change perspective on the world’s greatest athletes".
The print ads, interactive web-banners and digital and ambient outdoor activity likewise continue this idea of encouraging consumers to see these athletes differently.
A central campaign hub on Oakley.com will encourage photo sharing across various social networks.
Tom Cartmale, the brand director at Oakley UK, said that the campaign aimed to inspire consumers, while raising awareness about Oakley’s new Garage Rock eyewear in particular, alongside their other lifestyle products.
He said: "This spirit of new adventure, new experience and new horizons is what drives our iconic athletes, and has enabled Oakley to reset boundaries in product design and sport performance."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London