Sony Mobile launches biggest marketing campaign for Xperia Z1 push
Sony Mobile is running its biggest marketing campaign to date to support its premium Xperia Z1 phone, which launches in the UK tomorrow.
Sony Mobile: the best of Sony for the best of you by Adam&EveDDB
A television campaign, created by Adam&EveDDB, will spearhead activity and introduce a "The best of Sony for the best of you" strapline.
Sony would not reveal the spend on the campaign, other than it is its biggest campaign on record, but the brand ran a £40m ad campaign for its Xperia Z smartphone earlier in the year.
A key focus of the campaign is the quality of the camera’s smartphone, which is being described in outdoor media as the "world’s best camera in a waterproof smartphone".
Sony Mobile will also highlight the social elements of the phone in marketing activity including its "social live" feature, which allows users to stream video content direct to Facebook.
Catherine Cherry, the
Since last year’s launch of the Sony Mobile brand following Sony’s acquisition of Ericsson’s stake in the business, it has run a "made of imagination" and "be moved" strapline.
Cherry said: "It’s been a progression. Since we’ve been Sony, all our campaigns have had a common thread, which is about how you use your smartphone".
The new TV ad is set to a backing track by up-and-coming Sony Music artist Lucy Rose, who has recorded a remake of Primal Scream’s 'Movin’ On Up'.
Rose is featured in the ad as part of Sony Mobile’s strategy of leveraging the other parts of the Sony business.
This summer, the mobile brand has run an ‘Xperia Access’ music campaign, which has featured a series of intimate gigs by Sony Music artists.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London