Diabetes UK and Tesco launch biggest diabetes Type 2 awareness push
Diabetes UK is launching its biggest campaign on record to drive awareness of Type 2 diabetes and has tied up with Tesco to encourage people to assess their risk to the condition.
Tesco: Diabetes UK's National Charity Partner
The campaign promotes the fact that one in seven adults is at risk of Type 2 diabetes. Ads kick off today and will run nationally for a fortnight across buses, taxis, on London Underground, online, radio, on posters placed at shopping centres and on high streets, and across Tesco stores.
Barbara Young, Diabetes UK’s chief executive, has written about the campaign and the implications of diabetes for people, on Tesco’s Talking Shop blog.
Young said: "Diabetes UK is Tesco’s National Charity Partner. We’ve already achieved a great deal together to create healthier communities and to help support those affected by, and at risk of, diabetes. We’ve run over 10,000 Type 2 diabetes risk assessments in Tesco pharmacies.
"We’ve distributed information about both Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes through Tesco stores to over a million Tesco customers. And the overwhelming support of both Tesco colleagues and its customers has already helped to raise millions of pounds for Diabetes UK."
The campaign encourages people to check their risk online, in a pharmacy or with their GP. If undiagnosed, the condition can lead to heart attack, blindness, stroke or amputation.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Platform Sales Group Account Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £60000 per annum + +comm, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London