Lady Gaga fans 'unlock' Artpop artwork via Twitter
Lady Gaga unveiled the cover of 'Artpop', her fourth studio album, on Clear Channel digital outdoor screens around the world yesterday.
William Eccleshare: chief executive of Clear Channel Outdoor
In a special reveal at 6pm UK time, 1pm ET, Clear Channel screens began to reveal the cover of 'Artpop', Lady Gaga's new album. The pop star encouraged her fans to tweet and post about it using the hashtag #iHeartARTPOP, as more of the cover was revealed.
In the following 30 minutes, tweets tagged with #iHeartARTPOP were incorporated into the image as it revealed more of the Jeff Koons-designed cover on Clear Channel Outdoor screens around the world and at www.ladygaga.com.
Clear Channel claims the partnership marks the first time fans have been able to collaborate with a musical and visual performing artist using social media to create an "iconic global moment around art" in outdoor media.
The artwork was shown in cities including, London, New York, Mexico City, Madrid and Helsinki. Then, as soon as the whole cover had been shown on the screens, Clear Channel-owned radio stations in the US published it on their websites.
William Eccleshare, the chief executive of Clear Channel Outdoor, said: "With the rise of urbanization and the increasing dominance of mobile internet and apps, out-of-home is an essential ingredient in media campaigns to communicate, engage and even transact with consumers.
We are committed to delivering the full potential of digital out-of-home by providing our global clients with rich, creative and effective campaigns, so we're extremely proud to be partnering with Lady Gaga to bring Artpop to the world in such an innovative way."
Fans and passersby could see the 'Artpop' partnership on screens in the following cities:
- Barcelona, Spain
- Brussels, Belgium
- Chicago, Illinois, US
- Helsinki, Finland
- Lima, Peru
- London, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, US
- Madrid, Spain
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Miami, Florida, US
- New Jersey, New York, US
- New York City, New York, US
- Oakland, California, US
- Oslo, Norway
- Paris, France
- Santiago, Chile
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Valencia, Spain
- Venice, Italy
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London