Royal Mail choir covers Beatles track in first TV ad for six years
Royal Mail has cast its post men and post women in its first TV spot since 2007, featuring a cover of 'All You Need Is Love' by The Beatles.
The ad, called "we love parcels", features the track sung by the Royal Mail Choir which appeared in the BBC Two show ''The Choir, Sing While You Work' with choir director Gareth Malone.
The spot focuses on the one billion parcels Royal Mail delivers a year, and stars 25 serving post men and women who were chosen after an audition process in which 2,500 workers applied.
It was created by Beta London, with media planning and buying from UM London. The director was Rob Saunders through Amarillo Films.
The 60-second ad launches on Saturday 2 November during 'The X Factor' on ITV. Thirty-second and ten-second versions will air in the run-up to Christmas.
The 'All You Need is Love' track was recorded by the Royal Mail choir at Abbey Road Studios, the same location where The Beatles recorded the original version.
Ben Rhodes, head of marketing and commercial strategy at Royal Mail, said: "Our people are responsible for delivering millions of precious parcels a year, and they go the extra mile to make sure that our customers' needs are met – never more so than at Christmas time.
"We wanted to capture this spirit, as well as celebrate our postmen and women, and the job they do, from start to finish."
Royal Mail was recently privatised, as the Government floated its majority stake in the company on the stock market in October.
Robert Campbell, executive creative director and founder of Beta, said: "These commercials have been a privilege to make and celebrate the contribution Royal Mail makes to the UK, especially in the lead up to Christmas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire