Sky launches free YouTube channel as part of entertainment push
BSkyB is launching a YouTube channel that will broadcast whole episodes from some of its most high-profile series, as part of the company's biggest ever push for its entertainment programming.
Moone Boy: Sky show stars Chris O’Dowd
When it launches on Saturday 1 February, the Sky First Episodes channel will host episodes from ‘Moone Boy’ starring Chris O’Dowd, ‘The Tunnel’ (the adapted version of ‘The Bridge’) and ‘Moonfleet’ starring Ray Winstone.
Sky claims the campaign is the biggest it has ever launched in support of its entertainment channels, which include Sky1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts and Sky Living.
The multimillion-pound ad campaign, created by Inferno & DraftFCB with media planning and buying by MediaCom, will feature clips from Sky shows. Print, online, outdoor, cinema and digital media will support the core TV activity.
Naomi Gibney, the director of entertainment, marketing and digital at Sky, said: "We’re passionate about delivering truly great TV and the best way of demonstrating this is to give people the opportunity to enjoy the shows for themselves.
"The combination of Sky First Episodes and a TV campaign featuring entire clips from our biggest and best series means that now everyone has the chance to sample Sky shows."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)