Sky launches free YouTube channel as part of entertainment push
BSkyB is launching a YouTube channel that will broadcast whole episodes from some of its most high-profile series, as part of the company's biggest ever push for its entertainment programming.
Moone Boy: Sky show stars Chris O’Dowd
When it launches on Saturday 1 February, the Sky First Episodes channel will host episodes from ‘Moone Boy’ starring Chris O’Dowd, ‘The Tunnel’ (the adapted version of ‘The Bridge’) and ‘Moonfleet’ starring Ray Winstone.
Sky claims the campaign is the biggest it has ever launched in support of its entertainment channels, which include Sky1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts and Sky Living.
The multimillion-pound ad campaign, created by Inferno & DraftFCB with media planning and buying by MediaCom, will feature clips from Sky shows. Print, online, outdoor, cinema and digital media will support the core TV activity.
Naomi Gibney, the director of entertainment, marketing and digital at Sky, said: "We’re passionate about delivering truly great TV and the best way of demonstrating this is to give people the opportunity to enjoy the shows for themselves.
"The combination of Sky First Episodes and a TV campaign featuring entire clips from our biggest and best series means that now everyone has the chance to sample Sky shows."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall