Carphone Warehouse offers cheapskates roses alternative for Valentine's Day
Mobile phone retailer Carphone Warehouse is putting an ad in national and regional newspapers that offers readers a crafty alternative to buying flowers for your Valentine.
Carphone Warehouse: offers fake roses to thrifty St Valentine's Day suitors
The full-page ad, which will be published in The Independent and in regional papers on tomorrow, features images of roses and wrapping paper, and instructions on how to fold the newspaper to make it look as though you are holding a bunch of flowers.
The images are accompanied by Carphone Warehouse’s logo, as well as a line that reads, "Why spend more this Valentine’s Day?", and the retailer’s slogan, "We compare, you save".
CHI & Partners created the work, which was written and art directed by James Crosby and Will Cottam.
The idea fits with Carphone Warehouse’s "scrimpers" campaign, which celebrates bargain hunting. In September 2013, Carphone Warehouse released an ad that contained a song extolling the virtues of being stingy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London