Carphone Warehouse offers cheapskates roses alternative for Valentine's Day
Mobile phone retailer Carphone Warehouse is putting an ad in national and regional newspapers that offers readers a crafty alternative to buying flowers for your Valentine.
Carphone Warehouse: offers fake roses to thrifty St Valentine's Day suitors
The full-page ad, which will be published in The Independent and in regional papers on tomorrow, features images of roses and wrapping paper, and instructions on how to fold the newspaper to make it look as though you are holding a bunch of flowers.
The images are accompanied by Carphone Warehouse’s logo, as well as a line that reads, "Why spend more this Valentine’s Day?", and the retailer’s slogan, "We compare, you save".
CHI & Partners created the work, which was written and art directed by James Crosby and Will Cottam.
The idea fits with Carphone Warehouse’s "scrimpers" campaign, which celebrates bargain hunting. In September 2013, Carphone Warehouse released an ad that contained a song extolling the virtues of being stingy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)