Simon Cowell plays rainbow organ in ITV "entertainers" ad
Simon Cowell plays on a computer-generated organ and Dermot O'Leary and Keith Lemon have a pillow fight in the new ITV brand campaign, which launched on Friday 21 March.
The film, "where the entertainers live", explores four rooms, each of which feature celebrities from ITV entertainment programmes.
In the first, O’Leary and Lemon are among the TV stars fighting with pillows while wearing tuxedos. Performers from the dance group Diversity, which won the ITV show ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ in 2009, also appear in the scene, along with Vernon Kay and Paddy McGuinness.
In a second room, decorated with a tree and flying birds and butterflies, ‘This Morning’ presenter Phillip Schofield hands a flower to his co-presenter Holly Willoughby.
Ant and Dec play on a grand piano in the third, red-coloured room, while a fourth room decorated in rainbow colours shows Simon Cowell playing on an electric organ with David Walliams, who is his fellow judge on ‘Britain’s Got Talent’.
ITV Creative produced the campaign in-house. It was directed by Jon Yeo and produced by Cressida Rainfield. The executive creative directoro was Tony Pipes.
The campaign, which will run across the ITV family, other TV channels and cinema, is designed to coincide with the return of ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ to ITV for a new series this spring, among other programmes.
Sarah Tobias, the head of marketing for ITV, said entertainment was a key genre for the channel.
Tobias said: "We have been making brilliant entertainment programming since our inception and our entertainment shows are the biggest on television.
"The campaign was timed to coincide with two of our most successful formats, ‘Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway’, which is currently on air, and ‘Britain's Got Talent’, which is returning for a new series this spring."
The campaign follows ITV’s brand campaign focused on its drama programmes, "where drama lives", which launched in September and featured stars from ‘Downton Abbey’ and ‘Doc Martin’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...