Morrisons apologises over Angel of the North baguette stunt
Morrisons has apologised after people criticised its projection of a baguette onto Antony Gormley's Angel of the North statute in Gateshead.
Morrisons: apologises for Angel of the North baguette ad
The projection of a baguette was beamed onto the statue over the bank holiday weekend as part of a wider campaign devised by Morrisons’ agencies DLKW Lowe, MEC and Kinetic.
The projection came under fire from both Gormley, who was quoted in an article in The Guardian, and from the wider public.
A Morrisons spokesman said: "We’re sorry if you thought we got carried away by shining a baguette on the Angel of the North and apologise unreservedly to those to whom we have caused offence.
"We were trying something different, which was meant to put a smile on people’s faces, but clearly it wasn’t to everybody’s tastes. We’re so proud of our northern roots and the last thing we want to do is offend anybody."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London