Rankin judges 'who are you?' posters by teenagers
Posters designed by teenagers and featured in the gallery below, have been put up around the UK after they won the Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) design competition judged by a panel including the photographer Rankin.
The annual competition, in partnership with JCDecaux, aims to encourage young people to work in the creative industries. It asks people aged 14 to 19 to design a poster based on the theme, "Who are you?"
A panel including Rankin, Mat Hunter, the chief design officer of the Design Council, and the humanitarian photographer Giles Duley, judged the winners.
Simon Pride, the founder of the Who Are You? Competition and head of marketing at the AUB, said the competition aimed to "put young people in touch with their creative side and help them to become aware of the many career paths they could pursue in the industry".
He said: "At present we are witnessing huge growth in the UK’s creative industry — this includes the advertising and marketing sectors.
"In fact, the creative industry was the fastest-growing of all sectors in 2012 and contributed more than £71 billion, according to recent Government statistics. With growth expected to continue, the sector is going to need all the young talent it can get to drive the industry to even greater success in the near future.
"With this in mind, we need to ensure that youngsters have easy access to the right information and are supported in their aspiration right through the education system, right up until they embark on their first steps on the career ladder."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London