UK bags two awards in inaugural Product Design Lions
Ogilvy & Mather London and Map London have picked up two of the nine Lions awarded in the debut Product Design category at this year's Cannes festival.
Amnesty International: 'freedom candles' campaign
The "freedom candles" work for Amnesty International by O&M London was also given the nod, alongside Map London’s "Kano kit" – a make your own computer tech product.
Just one Grand Prix was awarded in the category – for the G-Star Raw "raw for the oceans" work by FHV BBDO Amsterdam/G-Star Raw Amsterdam/Part of a Bigger Plan Amsterdam.
Overall, more than a third of the 26 shortlisted entries were successful in winning awards.
The UK only missed out on one award from its three nominations, after Native Design London’s "P7 mobile hi-fi headphones" for Bowers and Wilkins failed to convert its shortlist place to a Lion.
The jury was headed by Donghoon Chang, executive vice president of Samsung Electronics in South Korea.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)