UK bags two awards in inaugural Product Design Lions
Ogilvy & Mather London and Map London have picked up two of the nine Lions awarded in the debut Product Design category at this year's Cannes festival.
Amnesty International: 'freedom candles' campaign
The "freedom candles" work for Amnesty International by O&M London was also given the nod, alongside Map London’s "Kano kit" – a make your own computer tech product.
Just one Grand Prix was awarded in the category – for the G-Star Raw "raw for the oceans" work by FHV BBDO Amsterdam/G-Star Raw Amsterdam/Part of a Bigger Plan Amsterdam.
Overall, more than a third of the 26 shortlisted entries were successful in winning awards.
The UK only missed out on one award from its three nominations, after Native Design London’s "P7 mobile hi-fi headphones" for Bowers and Wilkins failed to convert its shortlist place to a Lion.
The jury was headed by Donghoon Chang, executive vice president of Samsung Electronics in South Korea.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manger Brand Recruitment Negotiable, Wellingborough
- Account Manager - Media Sales, TV & Digital Boyce Recruitment Base Salary depends on exp + Commission and Bens., London (Central), London (Greater)