UK enjoys creative revival at Cannes by winning 102 Lions
The UK, led by Adam & Eve/DDB, enjoyed a resurgence at Cannes last week, winning 102 Lions in total - including five Grands Prix, 26 golds and 25 silvers.
Harvey Nichols: won four Grands Prix for Adam & Eve/DDB
Adam & Eve/DDB was named Agency of the Year after landing four Grands Prix (all for Harvey Nichols’ "sorry, I spent it on myself"), as well as seven gold, four silver and seven bronze Lions.
OgilvyOne was the only other UK agency to win a Grand Prix, for its "magic of flying" work for British Airways in Direct. The shop also picked up five gold, one silver and two bronze Lions.
The judges awarded Wieden & Kennedy four golds – three in Film Craft (all for Lurpak – two for "Cook’s Range" in collaboration with Blink and one for "adventure awaits" with Wave Studios) and one in Creative Effectiveness (also for Lurpak). W&K also received two silvers and two bronzes.
Meanwhile, TBWA\London flew back with two gold Lions for "D Rose Jump Store" in Design and Outdoor, as well as three silvers and one bronze.
Other shops that took gold include PHD (two), Publicis London, R/GA London, Ogilvy & Mather, Mcgarrybowen, Don’t Panic and MPC (one each). Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO scooped two silvers and ten bronzes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)