The top 10 most-shared tennis ads of all time
As the action on the courts at the All England Lawn Tennis Club hots up, we take a look at the top ten most-shared tennis ads of all time.
Roger Federer: features in five of the top ten tennis ads
If you are looking to make a great tennis ad, hire Roger Federer. That is the lesson from Unruly's chart, which features the Swiss player starring in five of the top ten most-shared tennis ads of all time.
The most-shared ad is an online video of Federer supposedly pulling off a trick shot behind the scenes at a Gillette photoshoot.
While the press and the public were divided about whether the video was actually a fake, the controversy helped push it to the top of the chart. The PR agency Hill & Knowlton Strategies was behind the video.
Gillette ads were also the second and third most shared tennis ads. Nike and Head Tennis also made it into the top ten.
1. Gillette "amazing roger federer trickshot on gillette ad shoot" by Hill + Knowlton Strategies, UK
553,990 shares all time shares this week | 553,990 shares all-time
2. Gillette "lionel messi & roger federer trading places" by Ketchum
213,122 shares all time shares this week | 213,122 shares all-time
3. Gillette "world's biggest shave - roger federer"
96,865 shares all time shares this week | 96,865 shares all-time
4. pixar tennis short film by Pixar
72,061 shares all time shares this week | 72,061 shares all-time
5. Nike "the coach" Created in-house
65,735 shares all time shares this week | 65,735 shares all-time
6. HEAD Tennis "speed wingtennis"
53,852 shares all time shares this week | 53,852 shares all-time
7. HEAD Tennis "andy murray tennis street magic in london"
47,717 shares all time shares this week | 47,717 shares all-time
8. nike football: "mercurial vapor viii: explosive speed"
44,783 shares all time shares this week | 44,783 shares all-time
9. lindt "airport"
38,544 shares all time shares this week | 38,544 shares all-time
10. Wilson Tennis "roger federer incognito for the love of the game"
33,280 shares all time shares this week | 33,280 shares all-time
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIRECT AND DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Cirencester
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London