Karen Millen partners with David Bailey
Fashion retailer Karen Millen has partnered with the British photographer David Bailey to launch a campaign that aims to highlight the brand's evolution as it seeks to expand further into international markets.
The campaign, created by October Sun with Viv Wilcock as the lead creative, will feature portraits of four new faces for Karen Millen in an effort to take the clothes and the models to the centre stage.
Bailey has shot each portrait to help tell the brand’s story of "creativity and craftsmanship".
Models Karlina Caune, Kirsi Pyrhonen, Nur Hellmann and Grace Gao wear what Karen Millen calls "stand-out pieces" from the autumn/winter 2013 collection in the ads, and the looks have been designed by stylist Katy England.
The campaign will launch globally during the first week of September, with the launch dates in the different countries coinciding with the start of each fashion week. The campaign will run until Christmas.
Print ads will run internationally across the major glossy magazines and digital activity, including on social media platforms, will air in the UK, US and Europe.
Out-of-home advertising such as ads on the sides of buses and taxis will run in London, New York and Paris.
Cream, the luxury specialist media agency, was in charge of media planning and buying.
The campaign aims to fuel Karen Millen’s international expansion into existing and new markets such as the US, Russia, Asia and Central America.
As part of the international push, Karen Millen is opening four concession stores in US department store chain Bloomingdale’s and aims to increase its 372 international stores to 400. The London-based brand opened a store in Panama last week.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- New Business Manager - creative agency Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum + bonus, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London