BMW launches 24-hour artificial intelligence Q&A service
BMW has launched an artificial intelligence service that answers customer's questions around the clock without the need for a dealer, to promote the manufacturer's new i3 electric car.
BMW i3 electric car: BMWi Genius will answer customer queries
The BMWi Genius software, created in collaboration with London Brand Management in a partnership facilitated by Vizeum and The Bakery, allows potential customers to text in questions from their mobiles about the new i3 car.
The software interprets the words, context and sentiment in the question, to instantly respond with a detailed answer.
The product is the first created by The Bakery, the ad tech incubator scheme that launched earlier this year. It is supported by the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, the Tech City Investment Organisation and UK Trade & Investment.
Chris Brownridge, the marketing director of the BMW Group UK, explained the BMWi Genius responds to questions just like an "expert from the company".
He said: "The system operates around the clock, allowing the consumer to ask any question relating to the i cars, but without the hassle of having to pick up the phone or go into a dealership."
London Brand Management, a startup at The Bakery co-working space which launched in 2011, joined with BMW and Vizeum to create the software using artificial intelligence.
Dmitry Aksenov, the founder of London Brand Management, said: "Like the BMW i3, our artificial intelligence software is truly ground-breaking and provides a unique channel for BMW and its customers to make better buying decisions by getting access to the right information, at the right time, in the right place."
Vizeum is one of the agencies working with The Bakery to partner brands, such as Heinz, AB InBev and Panasonic, with the tech start-ups.
Patrick Affleck, the managing partner at Vizeum who helped to launch The Bakery, said: "This is hopefully the first of many new tech innovations we are developing with Tech City businesses and our clients."
The BMW i3 electric car is due to go on sale in late 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)