Uncle Ben's renews deal with Channel 4 ahead of Jamie's Money Saving Meals
Mars-owned food brand Uncle Ben's has renewed its product-placement and sponsorship deal with Channel 4 for Jamie Oliver programming.
Jamie Oliver: Uncle Ben's renews support for Jamie's Money Saving Meals
Uncle Ben's rice will feature in recipes in Oliver's 'Jamie's Money Saving Meals', which launches on Monday. The Mars-owned brand will also sponsor the six-episode series.
ZenithOptimedia, Oliver's production company Fresh One and Channel 4 negotiated the partnership. It renews an original 2012 deal for product placement and sponsorship of 'Jamie's 15 Minute Meals', a 40-episode series that aired last autumn.
An in-store campaign will support Uncle Ben's product placement and sponsorship deal.
Research carried out in February by the market research firm BDRC Continental and Channel 4 found the product placement of Uncle Ben's rice in 'Jamie's 15 Minute Meals' caused viewers to think more positively of the brand and led to a significant increase in spontaneous purchase intent.
Laura Cottrell, the partnership business manager AFP/PP [ad funded programming/product placement], Channel 4, said: "Uncle Ben's has reaped the benefits of product placement and this is further evidence of Channel 4's commitment to ensuring this evolving business continues to grow."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London