Jessica Ennis-Hill, Jenson Button and Rory McIlroy return in Santander campaign
Santander has brought back the members of the public its brand ambassadors Jessica Ennis-Hill, Jenson Button and Rory McIlroy surprised earlier this year in a bid to continue its discussion on the highlights of banking with the bank.
In the last ad campaign Ennis-Hill, Button and McIlroy told members of the public about the benefits of being a Santander customer. In the new ads the members of the public tell the celebrities good things about being a customer of Santander.
In two TV ads Ennis-Hill hears about the cashback and interest offered by the 1|2|3 Current Account and 1|2|3 Credit Card. In other TV ads Button is told about the bank’s new mortgage offer and McIlroy finds out how easy it is to switch accounts.
The TV ads were first broadcast last night (15 September) and will be supported by press, digital, social, outdoor and in-store activity over the next three months.
Havas Worldwide London created the TV, cinema and outdoor, Engine developed the branch and digital activity and Hogarth was in charge of press and supported the branch and internal messaging. Carat handled the media.
At Havas the art director was Gareth Gray, the copywriter was Sam Shepherd and the creative director was Russell Schaller. Ben Gregor directed the TV ads through Knucklehead.
Keith Moor, the director of brand and communications at Santander, said: "The success of the March campaign was phenomenal, delivering strong results against both new business and brand metrics.
"The 1|2|3 Current Account is now the most famous current account in the market and we are seeing a great reaction amongst customers who hold the account in terms of their expectations and satisfaction.
"The new campaign seeks to capitalise on this success bringing our ambassadors back together with a few familiar faces. It also allows us to build on the creative approach by introducing our new Mortgage proposition, built around the premise of freedom."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London