Olympic star becomes 'Go get it' face of Nissan Micra
Nissan, the car brand, has launched a 12-month multi-channel deal with BSkyB's Sky Media to launch its redesigned Micra model through a sponsorship push featuring Olympic heptathlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
The partnership targets young women through idents aligning the Micra with drama programmes including ‘Elementary’, the US adaptation of 'Sherlock', ‘Hannibal’ and the upcoming series, ‘Dracula’.
It covers the Sky Living HD, E! Entertainment and Style channels.
The idents feature British track and field athlete Johnson-Thompson, who took part in London 2012 and finished fifth at the World Championships last month.
In the short films, she drives a blue Nissan Micra through darkened roads, interrupting various scenes reminiscent of drama and horror shows, such as a man burying suitcases in the woods and a man holding a shovel and looking anxiously into the boot of his car.
Light, comical music is played when Johnson-Thompson appears, breaking the tension and representing what Nissan calls the Micra’s ‘Go get it’ attitude.
The partnership was devised by Manning Gottlieb OMD and creative is by TBWA\London. The creative director was Nick Cooper and the copywriter was Andy McGuinness. Albert directed the films through Thomas Thomas.
Glenn Burchnall, an account director at Manning Gottlieb OMD, said: "This is an exciting year for the new Nissan Micra and the partnership with Sky Media allows us to engage at scale, frequency and in exactly the right context to showcase exactly what the new car has to offer to our audience."
Viewers can win ‘Go get it’ prizes, including a trip to New York, during the year-long campaign.
The new Micra campaign will also break across national press supplements, weekly lifestyle and celebrity magazines, and extends to digital display ads and competitions on the Sky Living Website, with creative by DNA.
Clare Willetts, a brand leader at TBWA\London, said: "The Sky Living Drama partnership has enabled us to develop creative that is relevant to the programming and delivers the Micra’s personality by breaking the apparent drama in the scene with the Micra ‘Go get it’ attitude."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire