Mattel ends 50 year relationship with Ogilvy
Mattel, the toymaker, has split with Ogilvy & Mather after half a century and has handed its European ad account to Lola.
Barbie: owner Mattel parts from Ogilvy
The company started the review in March through its German headquarters. It is not known what other agencies were involved in the process but the move ends one of advertising’s most enduring partnerships.
Lola, the Madrid-based Lowe & Partners agency, will be responsible for Mattel’s European advertising and digital account. It includes the Barbie and Hot Wheels brands.
Miguel Simoes, the chief executive of Lola, said: "This is a huge opportunity and a chance for us to help [Mattel] get a powerful position in the negotiations between child and parent – it's a process that involves a lot of emotion. Mattel is really in the international entertainment business, so this is fertile creative territory."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London