Mattel ends 50 year relationship with Ogilvy
Mattel, the toymaker, has split with Ogilvy & Mather after half a century and has handed its European ad account to Lola.
Barbie: owner Mattel parts from Ogilvy
The company started the review in March through its German headquarters. It is not known what other agencies were involved in the process but the move ends one of advertising’s most enduring partnerships.
Lola, the Madrid-based Lowe & Partners agency, will be responsible for Mattel’s European advertising and digital account. It includes the Barbie and Hot Wheels brands.
Miguel Simoes, the chief executive of Lola, said: "This is a huge opportunity and a chance for us to help [Mattel] get a powerful position in the negotiations between child and parent – it's a process that involves a lot of emotion. Mattel is really in the international entertainment business, so this is fertile creative territory."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...