StrawberryFrog staff file pay claim against Apco Worldwide
Former staff at StrawberryFrog's now-defunct Amsterdam office have started legal proceedings against the agency's parent, Apco Worldwide.
Emirates: moved ad account from StrawberryFrog to Nomads
Following StrawberryFrog Amsterdam’s closure in November 2013, some of the 14 full-time and freelance employees have instructed the law firms to bring legal action against Apco for allegedly failing to pay their wages in accordance with Dutch law. A court date is scheduled for 21 January.
Sources close to the case say the complaints originate from when StrawberryFrog Amsterdam was resurrected after the bulk of its management launched a new shop, Nomads, last year, taking the Emirates account with them.
Employees were allegedly assured that Apco would bankroll StrawberryFrog Amsterdam for at least three years but, months later, they were told that the office would shut.
An Apco spokesman said: "We are following the process for shutting down a business in which we invested… We will continue to act in a responsible manner in accordance with Dutch law."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End