StrawberryFrog staff file pay claim against Apco Worldwide
Former staff at StrawberryFrog's now-defunct Amsterdam office have started legal proceedings against the agency's parent, Apco Worldwide.
Emirates: moved ad account from StrawberryFrog to Nomads
Following StrawberryFrog Amsterdam’s closure in November 2013, some of the 14 full-time and freelance employees have instructed the law firms to bring legal action against Apco for allegedly failing to pay their wages in accordance with Dutch law. A court date is scheduled for 21 January.
Sources close to the case say the complaints originate from when StrawberryFrog Amsterdam was resurrected after the bulk of its management launched a new shop, Nomads, last year, taking the Emirates account with them.
Employees were allegedly assured that Apco would bankroll StrawberryFrog Amsterdam for at least three years but, months later, they were told that the office would shut.
An Apco spokesman said: "We are following the process for shutting down a business in which we invested… We will continue to act in a responsible manner in accordance with Dutch law."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)