Maryland Gooeys launches £3m ad boost
Burton's Biscuit Company is backing its Maryland Gooeys range with a £3 million adspend, beginning with a TV ad that breaks today.
The TV ad, created by VCCP, returns to the animated mugs that featured in the 2013 campaign. The mugs have come to life and are hoping they will get cookies dunked into them.
In the new spot, initially a pirate mug refuses to share the cookies with the other mugs, but then he sees the gooey inside and becomes reasonable, agreeing to share them.
The ad will run during high-profile shows including ‘Splash’ on ITV, ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ on Channel 5 and ‘Stella’ on Sky, in a campaign planned and bought by UM.
Stuart Wilson, the chief marketing officer, Burton’s Biscuit Company, said: "The continued investment in this extremely popular product will ensure that Maryland retains its position as the nation’s favourite cookie, and reflects our commitment behind Burton’s Biscuit Company’s Power Brands.
"Maryland Gooeys has had a brilliant response from consumers and retailers alike, helping to transform the biscuit aisle – and we will ensure this continues throughout 2014."
The art director at VCCP was Paul Kocur and the copywriter was Jermaine Hillman. Geoffroy de Crecy directed the spot through Friend. Post production was by Munky, with audio post production by Jungle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England