EDC and Makin in mobile venture
EDC, the parent of Elvis and Dare, is backing the launch of a mobile agency from Charlie Makin, a founder of BLM, and the mobile consultant Rob Thurner.
Burn the Sky: founded by Makin (l) and Thurner with EDC
The new shop, called Burn the Sky, will aim to offer all aspects of mobile marketing services to clients using EDC’s technical resources. It will also work with clients from the other agencies within the group.
Burn the Sky opens with Kodak Alaris as a founding client and has already picked up a second-screen project for Channel 5.
Makin founded BLM with Steve Booth and Nick Lockett. Havas bought the agency in 2008 and rebranded it Arena BLM. It has been known simply as Arena since last year.
Thurner has worked on brands including American Express, Betfair and Heineken. He is a former group marketing director of Clear Channel International and founded the consultancy Burner Mobile.
Makin said: "If you look at the US, they have mirrored how consumers behave. I don’t think we’ve moved a long way in the UK. There are lots of very specialist and smaller mobile agencies that do one thing. The future will be big agencies that will provide all the services clients need."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London