Jägermeister launches first UK TV campaign
Jägermeister is to launch its first TV advertising campaign in the UK next month, with a 60-second spot about a group of professional surfers.
The £3 million campaign features a group of real-life professional surfers – including Oli Adams, Ben Skinner and Ritchie Fitzgerald – and was shot over ten days in Iceland, without storyboards or scripts, .
The spot, which is aimed at 18- to 35-year-old men, shows the group of male friends on a road trip through ice-covered landscapes and then surfing together.
At the end of the ad, the friends gather in a bar and drink a shot of Jägermeister as the voiceover conveys the brand’s strapline, "It runs deep". The rock band Fightstar, which is supported by the brand’s music initiative, JägerMusic, provides the soundtrack.
The ad will break on ITV during England’s friendly football match against Denmark on 5 March, and will be backed by digital and cinema advertising.
The Red Brick Road created the campaign, which was directed by Seb Edwards through Academy. Richard Megson and Matt Davis were the creative directors on the project.
Nicole Goodwin, the group marketing manager at Jägermeister UK, said: "This is another exciting first for Jägermeister in the UK as we step up our campaign to connect with our core consumers.
"The new ad was created in the true character of Jägermeister, using real friends and no scripts, so that the finished film focuses on those unique bonding moments you only get with your mates."
Although this is the first time that Jägermeister – which was created in Germany 80 years ago and translates as "master hunter" – has advertised in the UK, the brand has run TV campaigns in Germany since the 1970s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)