Government puts RAF and Navy planning work up for grabs
The Government is holding a pitch for communications planning services on the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy recruitment campaigns.
RAF: planning account has been combined with that of the Navy
The pitch for the joint account is being run through the Crown Commercial Service, and No10 is supporting the RAF and Navy in the process. Shops on the strategy and planning roster have been invited to take part.
Manning Gottlieb OMD currently works with the RAF, while Carat runs the Navy planning business.
The two accounts have now been combined because there is synergy between them, to reduce competition and to save money, a No10 spokesman said.
The pitch will be held in mid-March and an agency will be appointed to start work in April.
Both Carat and Manning Gottlieb OMD are on the strategy and planning roster, which was announced in October last year after a delayed and much maligned process.
The appointed communications planning agency will work with Engine, which won the recruitment advertising account for both the RAF and the Navy in October 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)