Government puts RAF and Navy planning work up for grabs
The Government is holding a pitch for communications planning services on the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy recruitment campaigns.
RAF: planning account has been combined with that of the Navy
The pitch for the joint account is being run through the Crown Commercial Service, and No10 is supporting the RAF and Navy in the process. Shops on the strategy and planning roster have been invited to take part.
Manning Gottlieb OMD currently works with the RAF, while Carat runs the Navy planning business.
The two accounts have now been combined because there is synergy between them, to reduce competition and to save money, a No10 spokesman said.
The pitch will be held in mid-March and an agency will be appointed to start work in April.
Both Carat and Manning Gottlieb OMD are on the strategy and planning roster, which was announced in October last year after a delayed and much maligned process.
The appointed communications planning agency will work with Engine, which won the recruitment advertising account for both the RAF and the Navy in October 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)