Three great ads Danny Brooke-Taylor had nothing to do with
Danny Brooke-Taylor, founding partner at Lucky Generals, shares three ads he admires but had nothing to do with, in the latest in Brand Republic's 3 Great Ads series, in association with Thinkbox.
"I was asked what’s my favourite ad most recently, and by a country mile it’s the ‘Beach’ commercial."
Danny’s first choice is the much-applauded ad for Brown Forman’s Southern Comfort, showing an assuredly confident but overweight man strutting down a sunny beach. "They deserve every award going for that."
Danny’s second choice however, is about losing the belly, with Reebok’s fast-paced ad showing a runner literally running away from his weight.
"It’s based on a very robust truth that men of a certain age are going to wake up in the morning with a cracking set of moobs."
Danny’s final choice is a British ad for the American soft drink Dr Pepper, which shows a simple shopping trip spinning wildly and embarrassingly out of control. "Literally, it’s the worst thing that could happen to you."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London