Three great ads Danny Brooke-Taylor had nothing to do with
Danny Brooke-Taylor, founding partner at Lucky Generals, shares three ads he admires but had nothing to do with, in the latest in Brand Republic's 3 Great Ads series, in association with Thinkbox.
"I was asked what’s my favourite ad most recently, and by a country mile it’s the ‘Beach’ commercial."
Danny’s first choice is the much-applauded ad for Brown Forman’s Southern Comfort, showing an assuredly confident but overweight man strutting down a sunny beach. "They deserve every award going for that."
Danny’s second choice however, is about losing the belly, with Reebok’s fast-paced ad showing a runner literally running away from his weight.
"It’s based on a very robust truth that men of a certain age are going to wake up in the morning with a cracking set of moobs."
Danny’s final choice is a British ad for the American soft drink Dr Pepper, which shows a simple shopping trip spinning wildly and embarrassingly out of control. "Literally, it’s the worst thing that could happen to you."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)