Three great ads Danny Brooke-Taylor had nothing to do with
Danny Brooke-Taylor, founding partner at Lucky Generals, shares three ads he admires but had nothing to do with, in the latest in Brand Republic's 3 Great Ads series, in association with Thinkbox.
"I was asked what’s my favourite ad most recently, and by a country mile it’s the ‘Beach’ commercial."
Danny’s first choice is the much-applauded ad for Brown Forman’s Southern Comfort, showing an assuredly confident but overweight man strutting down a sunny beach. "They deserve every award going for that."
Danny’s second choice however, is about losing the belly, with Reebok’s fast-paced ad showing a runner literally running away from his weight.
"It’s based on a very robust truth that men of a certain age are going to wake up in the morning with a cracking set of moobs."
Danny’s final choice is a British ad for the American soft drink Dr Pepper, which shows a simple shopping trip spinning wildly and embarrassingly out of control. "Literally, it’s the worst thing that could happen to you."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)