Three great ads Danny Brooke-Taylor had nothing to do with
Danny Brooke-Taylor, founding partner at Lucky Generals, shares three ads he admires but had nothing to do with, in the latest in Brand Republic's 3 Great Ads series, in association with Thinkbox.
"I was asked what’s my favourite ad most recently, and by a country mile it’s the ‘Beach’ commercial."
Danny’s first choice is the much-applauded ad for Brown Forman’s Southern Comfort, showing an assuredly confident but overweight man strutting down a sunny beach. "They deserve every award going for that."
Danny’s second choice however, is about losing the belly, with Reebok’s fast-paced ad showing a runner literally running away from his weight.
"It’s based on a very robust truth that men of a certain age are going to wake up in the morning with a cracking set of moobs."
Danny’s final choice is a British ad for the American soft drink Dr Pepper, which shows a simple shopping trip spinning wildly and embarrassingly out of control. "Literally, it’s the worst thing that could happen to you."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England