Camelot calls £40m media review
Camelot UK Lotteries, operator of The National Lottery, has called a £40 million consolidating review of its media planning and buying and digital strategy business.
Camelot: 'a new dawn for Lotto' by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
Camelot operates a number of the UK’s biggest-selling consumer brands, including Lotto, EuroMillions and Instant Wins.
Its media business for the group is currently split between OMD for traditional media and Havas Media for digital and data business.
It is understood that both agencies have been invited to pitch for the consolidated account, with the review said to have been driven in line with shifting media landscapes and an expectation that changes will continue apace in the coming years.
Camelot represents one of Havas Media’s (formerly MPG Media Contacts) longest-standing clients, being appointed 16 years ago.
The review process is being managed by Oystercatchers, a leading agency search, evaluation and pitch consultant and is expected to be concluded by late spring.
Sally Cowdry, marketing and consumer director at Camelot, said: "The media landscape has become increasingly complex and fragmented over the last few years. The cross-over between consumer behaviour in the digital space and through more traditional media channels has shifted significantly.
"While we have enjoyed long-standing and successful relationships with both of our current agencies, we believe the time is right to consolidate our media business into one integrated brief."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...