Govt considers legislation on payment terms
The Government is considering including legislation on payment terms in the Queen's Speech early next month.
P&G: new payment terms
At a meeting at the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills this week, representatives from agencies and start-ups, as well as companies such as John Lewis and O2, discussed the length of time big organisations take to pay suppliers.
Scott Knox, the managing director of the Marketing Agencies Association, said that Daniel Korski, a special advisor to the Prime Minister, suggested the issue would be addressed in the Queen’s Speech, which will set out the legislative programme for the next session of Parliament.
Government sources confirmed fairer payment legislation is being discussed, but said that no final decision had been made.
International conglomerates such as Procter & Gamble, GlaxoSmithKline and Mondelez International have changed their payment terms in the past 18 months.
BIS declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)