Tim Westwood 'pimps' a BBQ in Heck sausages campaign
Tim Westwood, the hip hop DJ, pimps up a barbecue with special features including a sound system, in a set of social films from the sausage brand Heck.
The campaign, created by Partners Andrews Aldridge, parodies the MTV series ‘Pimp My Ride’, where presenters deck out cars with extravagant features.
Westwood is filmed hunting for "the nation’s saddest excuse for a barbecue", with a mission to transform it to make it fit for National BBQ week this week.
The films are appearing on Vine, Instagram and YouTube.
In one film, Westwood yells at the owner of the original barbecue, and tries to make him eat a burnt sausage.
Westwood encourages people to post photos of their own barbecue on social media, using the hashtag #WhatTheHeck. This will enter them into a competition to win a barbecue worth £3,500.
The campaign will be supported by spend on Twitter and Facebook and seeded across the Viral Ad Network.
Paul Vallois, a managing partner at PAA, said: "Heck is a relatively young brand, so it needed a campaign that would start to convey its irreverent attitude. Taking advantage of National BBQ Week and with tongue firmly in cheek, we enlisted the help of Westwood start to build a social presence."
The art director at PAA was Paul Crump and the copywriter was Vicki Murfitt. The production company was Problem With Authority.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...