Freeview launches World Cup campaign
Freeview has launched a two-part ad campaign ahead of the World Cup in Brazil to attract both people interested in the tournament, and those seeking to avoid it.
The ad campaign, created by Leo Burnett and called 'Love Or Hate Football', includes two TV ads. The spot targeting football fans has a voiceover by Ricky Tomlinson, while the ad for football haters is voiced by David Walliams.
Both ads promote Freeview’s high-definition offering, which will be available to 70 per cent of the UK by the time the Wimbledon tennis championship begins at the end of the month.
Freeview has also launched two interactive living rooms on its website, where people can enter competitions and look through Freeview’s guide to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil. There is also an online film promoting the benefits of HD.
Leo Burnett’s Laura Clark and Elliott Starr created the ad campaign. Noah Harris directed the spot through BlinkInk, while MPC did the post production and Angell Sound was responsible for the audio.
Owen Jenkinson, the head of marketing at Freeview, said: "We know football fans are excited about the World Cup, but we also know that many of our viewers have no interest in the game at all.
"So this campaign is all about reminding all our viewers just how much choice there is to watch on Freeview. Whatever your passion, you can experience it in high definition on up to ten HD channels."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England