Bulmers launches cross-screen campaign using latest Microsoft tech
Bulmers, the Heineken-owned cider brand, has released the first UK campaign using Microsoft's latest technology, which ensures that people never see the same ad twice across different devices.
Bulmers: launches campaign using Microsoft’s creative sequencing technology
As part of the activity, which launches today, Bulmers has created five different pieces of creative work for the five flavours of its cider as part of its "live colourful" campaign.
Microsoft’s "creative sequencing" technology, which has already been rolled out in the US, targets users across multiple screens using their Microsoft ID. The technology recognises when the same user is logged into different Microsoft services across devices.
Bulmers has created five different pieces of creative work for the five flavours of its cider as part of its "live colourful" campaign.
Using the Microsoft ID, the ads will be served so that a single person sees each of them in a sequence, across all devices including apps on Windows 8 that have advertising capabilities, MSN, Skype and Xbox 360, for eight weeks starting today.
Using the Microsoft ID also means that people under 18 are not shown the ads.
The campaign targets an audience of 18- to 34-year-olds, which Bulmers calls "modern mainstream".
The campaign was created by Adam &Eve/DDB and media planning buying was from Starcom MediaVest Group. We Are Social managed the social elements of the campaign.
Owen Sagness, the general manager of Microsoft Advertising & Online UK, said: "By being able to know what device people are using and what creative they have already seen on each screen, we can tell a story sequentially across all of people’s devices and reach them with the most relevant creative at the most relevant moment.
"Cross-device creative sequencing also prevents consumers from being bombarded by the exact same message every time. It’s up to us as an industry to make sure we’re not showing them the same thing over and over again, ensuring campaigns remain as premium as possible."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End