McCain calls £20m advertising review
McCain Foods has launched a review of its £20 million UK creative advertising account, putting incumbent BMB at risk.
McCain: reviews its advertising agency
The company, which makes chips and frozen food, will invite agencies to pitch through the London office of Roth Observatory International.
When asked three weeks ago, McCain denied to Campaign that there was a creative review or that it had any plans to hold one.
In a statement this morning, it said it was holding a review "in light of the changing nature of its needs from an agency partner".
BMB will be repitching for the account, which it has held since 2006. The agency’s co-founder Trevor Beattie was instrumental in winning the account when he was chairman of TBWA, and then won the business again after he launched BMB.
McCain Foods’ digital business, which was won by TMW in May, is not affected by the review.
Enquiries about the review should be directed to Lucinda Peniston-Baines, the managing partner at Roth Observatory.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury