The New York Times runs first cannabis ad
The New York Times ran its first ever ad for a marijuana-related product yesterday - a full-page advertisement for Leafly, an app that provides information on medical marijuana dispensaries.
Leafly: runs ad in the New York Times
The ad features a woman running past a man stood on the steps of a typical New York apartment block.
It states "Molly" chose a sativa strain of cannabis when suffering from cancer, while "Ian" used indica cannabis to help with his MS.
The copy references the well-used anti-drugs phrase "just say no" with the line, "Just say know."
The state of New York recently passed the Compassionate Care Act, legalising medical marijuana.
The Seattle-based Heckler Associates created the ad and the media planning and buying was by Mediability, which is also based in Seattle. Leafly is itself based in Seattle.
The rapper Snoop Dogg, who regularly mentions cannabis in his songs, tweeted his support for the ad.
Leafly provides information for patients using medical marijuana (and recreational users) including details on specific cannabis strains and reviews of dispensaries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London