Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
River Island, the high-street fashion retailer, has released its first TV campaign, promoting its autumn/winter range.
The ad, which was created and shot by Rokit’s Rohan Blair-Mangat, will first air in the UK on 1 September, but can be viewed online from today.
The 30-second spot is a change of strategy for River Island, which normally advertises with outdoor campaigns. The ad features two models in an apartment, stripping off for each other.
In addition to airing on digital TV, the spot will be shown on video-on-demand channels and in cinemas later in the year.
Studio Boulevard did the art direction for the ad, for which Mindshare handled the media.
Josie Roscop, the marketing director at River Island, said: "When devising a plan for the launch of autumn/winter, we wanted to test new media, seeking a fresh way for us to connect and engage River Island customers. We decided to use TV for its reach and ability to cut through to consumers with strong, creative content.
"Content, underpinned with an understanding of where our audience consume media was integral to our approach. We are extremely pleased to be delivering a River Island first with this launch and we can't wait to gauge our customers’ reaction."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London