Campaign pays tribute to Joan Rivers through her ads
With the sad news of comedian Joan Rivers' death last night, aged 81, Campaign pays tribute to the comedy legend by looking at some of her ads through the years.
Joan Rivers: pictured in a TV commercial for SK Energy by Pure Growth Partners
Rivers was best known for her razor-sharp wit and her self-depreciating humour, after coming to prominence in the 1960s through her controversial and brazen stand-up routines.
She started out as a copywriter and then turned to comedy and reached international stardom following years of touring and launching a career as a TV presenter.
A female comedy pioneer, Rivers was still working on TV up until her death, presenting Fashion Police on US channel E!, where she critiqued fashion outfits on the red carpet, alongside co-hosts Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic.
Campaign looks back at some Rivers' comical ads, showcasing her humour.
Dodge by Wieden & Kennedy - 2013
CVS Pharmacy by Arnold Worldwide - 2013
SK Energy by Pure Growth Partners - 2012
GoDaddy.co by Deutsch New York - 2011
Faygo Diet - 1980
MCI - 1980
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)