Asda drops incumbent agency Saatchi & Saatchi from £100 million ad review
Asda has knocked its incumbent agency Saatchi & Saatchi off the pitch for its £100 million advertising account.
Asda: 2013 'budget' campaign
The Walmart-owned retailer, which kicked off the review in June, has selected just JWT London and VCCP to proceed to the final stage of the pitch. The move ends a relationship with the advertising group Publicis Groupe that goes back to 1990.
Saatchis has worked on the business for four years – it was handed the account from its sister agency Fallon in 2009 after the volume of the work became too much for the latter to handle.
Fallon won the business from in 2007, ending a 17-year relationship with sister agency Publicis.
The review has been triggered by a restructure in the Asda marketing department and the arrival of Chris McDonough, the former Molson Coors managing director of brands, as the marketing director. McDonough has previously worked with VCCP.
Grey London and Beattie McGuinness Bungay were knocked out of the pitch at an earlier stage.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Luxury CG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- Case Manager/Administrator - Pensions Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent bens, London