101 hires Simon Schmitt as creative director
Creative agency 101 has hired Simon Schmitt, a creative director at Sid Lee Amsterdam, to the same role at the shop.
Simon Schmitt: joins 101as a creative director
Schmitt will work alongside 101’s three existing creative directors, Richard Flintham, Mark Elwood and Augusto Sola.
The four will jointly oversee creative output at the agency, with client responsibilities to be decided in future.
Before Sid Lee Amsterdam, Schmitt worked at AKQA in London on the Nike account. Prior to that he was briefly at WCRS and before that, at Sid Lee in Montreal from 2006, focusing on Adidas, Red Bull and MGM.
In 2012, he moved back to Sid Lee, to the agency’s Amsterdam branch to lead the Adidas account, before approaching 101 earlier this year, according to the agency.
The additional creative director position at 101 has been created after new business wins from Sainsbury’s, Baileys Chocolat Luxe, Nandos and Cadbury Mini Rolls, over the past 18 months.
Flintham, founding creative partner at 101 said: "Augusto, Mark and myself are delighted to welcome Simon alongside us as a creative lead at 101. We have worked very hard, have big ambitions and are blessed with some great opportunities. Being able to share and build them with Simon feels really good."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Market Research and Insight Executive (Manager level) Stopgap £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Global Client Director PFJ £65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Senior account manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £35000 - £39000 per annum, London