Isobar wins Sony World Cup brief
Sony Corporation has hired Isobar UK to run creative global activation of its Fifa World Cup 2014 sponsorship in the run-up to the tournament in Brazil next summer.
Sony: activity will support its sponsorship of the 2014 World Cup
Isobar won the digitally focused international brief, which was run through Sony’s headquarters in Tokyo, after a competitive pitch.
It has been tasked with creating digital marketing campaigns to engage football fans in the final year of Sony’s seven-year, $305 million (£194.4 million) sponsorship.
Isobar will also build global "toolkits" for other agencies to create advertising in local markets. It will hire additional staff for the business and major advertising will launch in 2014.
The brief includes a range of creative services that could also span apps and event-related work.
Sony is one of six "Fifa partners", the highest level of sponsorship status. It has the right to use the partner logo at the World Cup, as well as advertising boards in stadiums, TV sponsor credits and preferential negotiation rights for TV spots.
The brand previously said that the key sectors of its business – including electronics, movies, music and games – are to be involved in its sponsorship.
The World Cup runs from 12 June to 13 July next year, with 32 teams competing.
Isobar declined to comment. Sony did not respond to requests for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- SR DESIGNER Red Sofa London £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Web Developer Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £22k + benefits, Colchester
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol