MediaCom appoints Ben Phillips as first global head of mobile
MediaCom has hired Ben Phillips, the commercial director from mobile ad platform Adloqi, as its first global head of mobile.
Ben Phillips: joins MediaCom as global head of mobile
In the new role, Phillips will work with MediaCom’s local teams to define best practice across the agency, as mobile plays an increasing role in its campaigns.
The media agency network claims its mobile billings have grown more than 117 per cent globally in 2013.
Phillips will report to David Kyffin, MediaCom's global chief ROI and direct marketing officer.
Steffen Krabbenhøft, MediaCom’s EMEA head of mobile, and Andrew Newton, who leads MediaCom’s P&G mobile team in APAC, will now report to Phillips.
Phillips will initially focus on mobile strategy, working directly with MediaCom’s clients, which include P&G, Shell and Universal.
He will be tasked with identifying ways to use mobile for "always-on" campaigns, and will also work with MediaCom's sister WPP agencies, Joule in China, France and the US; and H-art in Italy, which provide additional mobile support in these markets.
MediaCom has specialist mobile divisions in regions including the UK, Germany, Scandinavia, Singapore and India, and credits these with strong mobile growth. It plans to extend this service to all its clients.
Phillips has 12 years' experience in the mobile sector. He was previously commercial director at mobile demand-side platform Adloqi.
He has also worked at mobile advertising technology provider Velti, customer engagement company
Kyffin said: "We’re delighted to have been able to appoint someone with Ben’s expertise to lead our mobile efforts and make sure that MediaCom continues to be ahead of the game in this crucial area."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)