EDF kicks off pan-Euro advertising contest
EDF, the French energy supplier, has called a European advertising review, putting the incumbents, BBDO and Havas Worldwide, on alert.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has worked on EDF’s £11 million UK account since 2011 and introduced the animated mascot "Zingy".
The review is statutory, in a process that occurs every three years under the guidance of EDF’s majority owner, the French government. A pitch will take place in the spring and will be run from Paris.
CLM BBDO oversees EDF’s corporate advertising in France and BBDO holds the business in Belgium. Havas Worldwide Paris handles the bulk of the French account, as well as Poland and Hungary. Cayenne works on the Italian account.
EDF retained Havas Media on its pan-European media account in November, following a similar review.
A spokesman for EDF said: "Once the process is complete, we will make an announcement."
EDF spent £11.4 million on UK media in the year to 30 November 2013, according to Nielsen. It spent more than double that amount the previous year when it was a sponsor of the Olympic Games.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager, ATL and retail, up to £35k The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- UX Designer Experis Circa £51,000 + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)