Agencies line up for Poppy Appeal
The Royal British Legion is on the hunt for a new agency as it prepares for the centenary of the start of the First World War.
The Royal British Legion: targeting a younger audience
The charity, which is best-known for the annual Poppy Appeal, is looking for a creative shop to boost this year’s fundraiser and make the brand more relevant for a younger audience.
Oystercatchers is running the process and contacted agencies last week. The winning shop is expected to be in place by May.
The Royal British Legion has previously worked with The Gate on its advertising.
Tangible, the charity’s direct marketing agency, is unaffected.
Although The Royal British Legion generates widespread attention during the Poppy Appeal timed around Remembrance Day, newer military-related charities such as Help for Heroes have a stronger year-round media presence.
The Royal British Legion ranked lower than Help for Heroes in the 2013 Charity Brand Index in Third Sector.
Robert Lee, the assistant director of marketing and communications at The Royal British Legion, told Third Sector that the charity would be "using the centenary period to gain new ground" with the younger generation.
This year marks the 100-year anniversary of the start of World War I and 70 years since the D-Day landings in Normandy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)