Govt seeks single shop for media buying brief
The Government is preparing to launch a review of its media buying contract, held by Group M's bespoke unit M4C, at the end of January.
Government: media rethink
M4C manages media buying for all government ad campaigns and will be defending the account. The Government’s planned total communications spend is £237 million for 2013-14.
M4C, a joint venture between Mindshare, Mediacom and MEC, won the business in 2010, fighting off an Aegis team and a combined offering from Starcom MediaVest Group and the now-defunct i-level.
The Government intends to appoint a single agency, which sources said could be another consortium arrangement from a holding group.
The process will not involve an e-auction.
If M4C loses the account, its 36 staff would be subject to Tupe regulations. The review is planned to end in June.
The creative and media planning arrangements are run using rosters.
The pitch will be handled by the Crown Commercial Service, which was created in December last year when the Government Procurement Service merged with other procurement processes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)