Govt seeks single shop for media buying brief
The Government is preparing to launch a review of its media buying contract, held by Group M's bespoke unit M4C, at the end of January.
Government: media rethink
M4C manages media buying for all government ad campaigns and will be defending the account. The Government’s planned total communications spend is £237 million for 2013-14.
M4C, a joint venture between Mindshare, Mediacom and MEC, won the business in 2010, fighting off an Aegis team and a combined offering from Starcom MediaVest Group and the now-defunct i-level.
The Government intends to appoint a single agency, which sources said could be another consortium arrangement from a holding group.
The process will not involve an e-auction.
If M4C loses the account, its 36 staff would be subject to Tupe regulations. The review is planned to end in June.
The creative and media planning arrangements are run using rosters.
The pitch will be handled by the Crown Commercial Service, which was created in December last year when the Government Procurement Service merged with other procurement processes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London