Govt seeks single shop for media buying brief
The Government is preparing to launch a review of its media buying contract, held by Group M's bespoke unit M4C, at the end of January.
Government: media rethink
M4C manages media buying for all government ad campaigns and will be defending the account. The Government’s planned total communications spend is £237 million for 2013-14.
M4C, a joint venture between Mindshare, Mediacom and MEC, won the business in 2010, fighting off an Aegis team and a combined offering from Starcom MediaVest Group and the now-defunct i-level.
The Government intends to appoint a single agency, which sources said could be another consortium arrangement from a holding group.
The process will not involve an e-auction.
If M4C loses the account, its 36 staff would be subject to Tupe regulations. The review is planned to end in June.
The creative and media planning arrangements are run using rosters.
The pitch will be handled by the Crown Commercial Service, which was created in December last year when the Government Procurement Service merged with other procurement processes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London