W&K London hires husband and wife creative team from BMF Sydney
Wieden & Kennedy London has brought in a husband-and-wife creative team from Australian agency BMF Sydney.
W&K London: Laura Sampedro and Carlos Alija join the agency as creative directors
Carlos Alija and Laura Sampedro joined Wieden & Kennedy London as creative directors, and will report to the executive creative directors, Tony Davidson and Kim Papworth.
Alija and Sampedro will work across Wieden & Kennedy’s portfolio of brands, which includes Honda, Tesco and Three.
At BMF Sydney, Alija and Sampedro were joint executive creative directors and worked on the agency’s Aldi account, among others.
Before joining BMF, they worked at the Spanish WPP agency Señora Rushmore for almost six years. The pair met while working on Renault at BBDO Madrid in the early 2000s.
Davidson, said: "The Spanish seem to be good at tennis, football and golf, so I thought why not advertising? We are always on the lookout for talented folks that solve business problems in original ways, and Carlos and Laura fit that bill. Also, I don't know why, but I'm just into hiring married couples at the moment."
To read Campaign's 2012 interview with Alija and Sampedro, click here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London