B&Q hunts digital shop as part of marketing overhaul
B&Q is on the hunt for a digital agency as part of the marketing overhaul that saw it replace Karmarama with WCRS on its advertising account.
B&Q: 'unloved rooms' campaign
The home retailer has contacted agencies with a brief to handle its digital strategy and digital creative. B&Q is handling the pitch itself. Chemistry meetings will be held in the coming weeks.
There is no incumbent on the account. Zone had been appointed to work on B&Q’s digital content and social media campaigns in 2013, but had to resign the account after a few months due to a conflict.
A spokesperson for B&Q said: "We’re in the process of reviewing our digital strategy as part of the overall marketing communications review which began last year, and are currently in talks with a number of agencies."
B&Q has a marketing budget of more than £50 million. It appointed WCRS to its advertising account without a pitch in January. The home improvement retailer split with its previous agency, Karmarama, by mutual consent in December 2013.
Karmarama had worked the account for little over a year. The agency won the business after a contested pitch, against WCRS among others, in November 2012.
B&Q’s marketing overhaul comes after Kevin O’Byrne replaced the long time chief executive Martyn Phillips in the role in October.
At the same time, the former brand director and acting marketing director David Hutchinson left the business and the former 118 118 marketer Chris Moss joined as the customer and marketing director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London