DFS launches pitch for communications brief
DFS has kicked off a search for an agency to handle a brand strategy brief.
DFS: agency hunt
The home retailer is running the pitch in-house and issued a brief this week.
Mark Mallinder, the head of marketing, said DFS was looking for an agency to ensure imagery and tone of voice are consistent through its marketing communications as the company diversifies into direct mail and brand partnerships.
Mallinder claims the pitch does not affect Krow, which handles DFS’s advertising account. The agency won the business in 2011 after beating Karmarama in the final stages of a contested pitch. Its advertising focuses on sales activity.
The retailer spends £77 million a year on advertising, making it one of the ten biggest accounts in the UK.
According to reports, DFS is looking at relisting on the London Stock Exchange in a £1 billion flotation that could take place as early as the third quarter of 2014.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury