Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
Birds Eye has kicked off a £60 million pan-European relaunch campaign, with a spot by Havas Worldwide London featuring a modern family eating the brand's fish fingers and frozen peas.
In the new TV ad, which breaks today (3 March) during ‘Coronation Street on ITV, the focus of the camera is on the food as a family chats and jokes through dinnertime. The campaign will expand to outdoor and cinema from next Monday (10 March).
The ad to promote Fish Fingers and Field Fresh Peas will be followed by two subsequent spots to promote Chicken Grills and Bake to Perfection fish. There will also be advertising to support two new products.
At Havas Worldwide the art directors were Gerry Moira and Phil Beaumont and Gerry Moira and Paul Burke wrote the ad. Ed St. Giles directed the spot through The Sweet Shop.
Birds Eye is planning to spend £5 million in the launch campaign, which is planned and bought by Havas Media, and £16 million across the year as a whole. Within that the company is trebling the amount it spends on digital.
Andy Weston-Webb, the managing director at Birds Eye, said: "Research shows that meal times are one of the only moments in the day when households have a chance to come together and connect. Our campaign celebrates these moments and the powerful role food plays in everyday life.
"To do this we sat with real families from across the UK for dinner and captured their natural mealtime conversations. The result is a campaign that is a genuine snapshot into real life, real food and real people."
Birds Eye featured a character called Captain Birdseye in its ads for many years but in 2010 the brand introduced a character called Clarence the Bear, named after an American man called Clarence Birdseye who invented the quick-freezing process.
Havas Worldwide London picked up the pan-European Iglo account in November after a competitive pitch. The company then hired the agency’s sister media shop Havas Media in January this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London