Gambling advertising rules likely to tighten
A tightening of the various codes on gambling ads in the autumn is the most likely outcome of the wide-ranging review of gambling advertising announced on Tuesday (4 March).
Gambling: ad rules likely to tighten
Although all options, including a total ban, will be on the table, ministers said privately that a tightening of the guidelines was most likely.
As part of the four-point plan, the Committee of Advertising Practice and the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice will consider changes to their codes.
The Advertising Standards Authority will review its enforcement action, the Gambling Commission will look at the marketing of "free bets" and "bonus offers", and the gambling industry will review online activities.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End