Gambling advertising rules likely to tighten
A tightening of the various codes on gambling ads in the autumn is the most likely outcome of the wide-ranging review of gambling advertising announced on Tuesday (4 March).
Gambling: ad rules likely to tighten
Although all options, including a total ban, will be on the table, ministers said privately that a tightening of the guidelines was most likely.
As part of the four-point plan, the Committee of Advertising Practice and the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice will consider changes to their codes.
The Advertising Standards Authority will review its enforcement action, the Gambling Commission will look at the marketing of "free bets" and "bonus offers", and the gambling industry will review online activities.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)