AA partners with BBC's Robert Peston Speakers for Schools
The Advertising Association has partnered with the BBC's Robert Peston to challenge business leaders from top UK agencies, brands and media owners to become Speakers for Schools.
Cilla Snowball: the group chairman and chief executive of AMVBBDO at a Speakers for Schools event
Peston’s Speakers for Schools initiative, which puts industry leaders into state schools and colleges to give inspirational talks for free, has already signed up a large range of speakers for this year’s series.
Matt Brittin, Google’s vice-president, Northern and Central European operations; Jean-Francois Decaux, the co-chief executive of JCDecaux; Roisin Donnelly, Procter & Gamble’s corporate marketing director, and Moray MacLennan, M&C Saatchi’s worldwide chief executive, have already pledged their support.
Other speakers who have signed up include Starcom MediaVest Group's executive director, performance and digital development, Europe, Stewart Easterbrook, and the Unilever UK and Ireland chairman, Amanda Sourry.
The AA is aiming to add at least 50 business leaders to the initiative.
Tim Lefroy, the chief executive of the AA, said: "Our goal is simple, to find 50 new industry leaders to support this fantastic initiative. Fifty leading figures from some of the UK’s most exciting businesses to spend time in one school, giving their time and sharing their wisdom and experiences to help young people become more confident, determined and ambitious."
Last year’s AA/Deloitte report linked more than 550,000 UK jobs to the £16 billion spent on advertising in 2011.
Speakers for Schools are hoping to boost the political recognition of jobs in advertising and create more jobs and opportunities for young people.
Speakers are asked to commit to one talk a year and if leaders are interested in volunteering their time, they should contact the AA.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...