Sorrell receives £23m payout
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, has secured nearly £23 million in shares, a payout from the marcoms group's long-term incentive scheme.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
Sorrell was awarded 1.78 million in company shares last month, retaining his position as one of the UK’s best-paid chief executives.
The Leadership Equity Acquisition Plan (LEAP) payout referred to Sorrell’s performance between 2009 and 2013. The incentive scheme was scrapped last year, following shareholder dissent over executive pay in 2012, but WPP is still honouring historic awards.
Sorrell’s payout will be confirmed in the 2013 annual report, which is due to be published in the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)