Sorrell receives £23m payout
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, has secured nearly £23 million in shares, a payout from the marcoms group's long-term incentive scheme.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
Sorrell was awarded 1.78 million in company shares last month, retaining his position as one of the UK’s best-paid chief executives.
The Leadership Equity Acquisition Plan (LEAP) payout referred to Sorrell’s performance between 2009 and 2013. The incentive scheme was scrapped last year, following shareholder dissent over executive pay in 2012, but WPP is still honouring historic awards.
Sorrell’s payout will be confirmed in the 2013 annual report, which is due to be published in the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)