Intersnack calls Euro media pitch
Intersnack, the German food manufacturer that bought the UK's KP Snacks last year, has called a pan-European review of its €50 million media business. The account is currently handled by WPP's Primus in the UK.
KP Snacks: parent company Intersnack calls media pitch
The review includes media planning and buying in around ten markets, including the UK, France and Germany. It is being handled by Ebiquity Germany.
Last year, Intersnack reviewed its local creative agencies, which resulted in the appointment of BMB in the UK.
The company has now completed its £500 million acquisition of KP Snacks.
After securing the deal, the chief executive, Maarten Leerdam, said: "We believe in the power of iconic, local, hero brands – and we aim to leverage these strengths for further expansion."
Intersnack’s global brands include Chio and Pom-Bär crisps and Kelly’s snacks, as well as the British snacks, KP, Hula Hoops and McCoy’s.
The company’s home market of Germany remains its biggest, commanding about half of all media spend.
Intersnack, which is 40 years old in 2014, has its headquarters in Düsseldorf.
The business is organised into 12 management operations controlling 40 offices across Europe, each with responsibility for one geographic area.
Ebiquity Germany declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)