RKCR/Y&R wins The Royal British Legion
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R has picked up the advertising account for The Royal British Legion following a pitch.
The Royal British Legion: 'Poppy Appeal' by CST The Gate
The agency won the brief in a three-way contest against BMB and M&C Saatchi, in partnership with Lida. Oystercatchers handled the review, which Campaign revealed in January.
RKCR/Y&R has been briefed with developing a new brand positioning for the charity, as well as creating advertising for fundraising, including the Poppy Appeal.
The RBL is looking to emphasise the work that it does to rehabilitate today’s injured servicemen, beyond its more famous Festival of Remembrance, in order to attract support from a younger generation.
Rupert Williams, the managing director of RKCR/Y&R, said: "Most people who buy a poppy don’t know where their money really goes. If they knew that most of it goes towards supporting today’s injured servicemen, then the Poppy Appeal would gain greater relevance to a wider audience, in particular younger people, and increase donations.
"We are incredibly proud to be given the opportunity to help make that happen."
The Royal British Legion has previously worked with The Gate on its advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIRECT AND DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Cirencester
- Senior Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London